Raw Blueberry Cheesecake
This gorgeous raw treat has been created especially for our yummy mummies to celebrate this upcoming Mother's Day!
There's no better way to say thank you than with a homemade treat, especially when it's made with sweet nutrient-dense ingredients that sound naughty but tick all the healthy boxes.
- 2 cups (300g) raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 1/2 cup (125ml) melted extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup (60ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (80g) rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp (2g) vanilla powder
- 1 cup (150g) fresh blueberries
- 1 cup (150g) fresh strawberries
- Fresh berries
- Thickened coconut cream
- Coconut shavings
- Make base - in a high powered blender or food processor pulse almonds, coconut, dates and coconut oil to form a fine crumble.
- Spoon base into a lined round cake tin. Spread evenly and use the back of a spoon to press down firmly. Set aside in freezer whilst you make the filling.
- To make the filling - drain and rinse soaked cashews.
- In a high powered blender or food processor blend cashews, coconut oil, lemon juice, rice malt syrup and vanilla powder until smooth and creamy.
- Split your filling into two portions.
- Blend one portion with blueberries until smooth and pour on top of base.
- Return the other portion to a clean blender and blend with strawberries until smooth.
- Carefully pour the strawberry layer on top of the blueberry layer. (To make a perfectly even layer freeze blueberry layer for 1 hour first before adding the top layer).
- Freeze for 2 hours or until firm. Allow to stand for 25 minutes before serving to slightly soften. Decorate with optional toppings and keep chilled.