It’s always nice to switch up your breakfast routine and for those looking for something more savoury we’ve teaming up with @thenourishedchef who has created this delicious Plant Based, Dairy Free Zucchini Fritters!
They are a Low Carb option and great for those following a Keto diet!
Time to get those frypans out!
Low Carb │ Dairy Free │ Gluten Free │ Vegan │ Ketogenic
- 3 Medium Zucchini
- 1/4 Cup Red Onion (diced)
- 2 Garlic Clove (finely grated)
- 2 Eggs (beaten)
- 1/2 Cup Blanched Almond Meal (NOW ON SPECIAL)
- 1/4 Cup Dill Cashew Cheese
- Salt + Pepper (to taste)
- Grape seed Oil (for frying)
- Natural Coconut Yoghurt
1. Using a box grater, grate the zucchini and put into a bowl. Sprinkle with salt and stir together.
2. Set aside and let it stand for 20 minutes (This will draw the excess moisture out)
3. Using your hands or if available a nut milk bag works a treat - squeeze out the excess liquid from the zucchini, then return to a clean bowl.
4. Add the onion, eggs, cashew cheese, almond flour, garlic, salt and pepper and stir to combine.
5. Heat the oil in a large 28cm frypan over medium heat.
6. Dollop out approximately 1/4 cup of the mixture into the hot pan. Using a spatula, push down each fritter to flatten.
7. Cook the fritters 3-4 minutes on each side, or until they're lightly golden
8. Serve the fritters with a dollop of natural coconut yoghurt.
COOKING TIPS FROM @thenourishedchef:
1. Depending on how big your zucchini’s are simply add some more almond flour if the batter is too soft.