Thank you @nourishandflourishsyd for creating this incredibly fluffy, soft and juicy recipe!!
- 1.5 cups plain flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Almond milk
- 1/3 cup neutral-flavour oil
- 1 small apple, finely diced
- 1 small pear, finely diced
- 1/2 cup dried sultanas, raisins and currants
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (optional)
- Raw whole almonds for decoration
- Large long slices of fresh apple and pear for decoration
1. Preheat oven to 120•C and line a baking bread tin with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Mix flour, sugar, mixed spice, and protein powder together in a bowl then add the almond milk and oil until a soft dough forms. Sprinkle through the diced apple, pear and dried fruit and mix through until there is an even blend of fruit throughout the dough.
3. Place dough in the prepared baking tin and place decorative almonds around the edges and slices of apple and pear for the bake. Leave in the oven for approximately 30-40 minutes checking with a skewer to make sure it’s cooked through.
4. Serve warm for a delicious breakfast option or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a scrumptious dessert at night!