Made from the heart there is no better way to celebrate all the mum’s in our lives than with these delicious homemade sweets!
Using our Nuts About Life ingredients this recipe by @thenourishedchef is a fun activity to recreate with your kids on Mother’s Day, that not only taste great but will surly lead to some fun memories.
RECIPE: (Makes 12)
- 1 Cup Monk Fruit Sweetener
- ¼ Cup Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Almond Flour
- ½ Cup Tapioca Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp Filtered Water
CASHEW CREAM FILLING:
- ¾ Cup Raw Cashews (soaked overnight + drained)
- ¾ Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- ½ Cup Coconut Butter (melted)
- ¼ Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 ½ Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tsp Coconut Flour
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
1. Add the cashew cream ingredients to a blender and blitz until smooth. Scoop the filling into a bowl and chill in the freezer for at least 30 -50 minutes, whisking every 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile; preheat the oven to 180⁰C. Line a 12 cup muffin tray with baking cups.
3. Beat together the monkfruit sweetener, coconut oil, and vanilla extract for 30 seconds and set aside.
Whisk together the almond flour, tapioca flour, baking powder and cinnamon. Put aside.
4. Add the water and maple syrup to the monkfruit sweetener mixture and start beating while slowly adding the dry ingredients. Beat for 30 seconds, or until the ‘dough’ pulls together into moist mounds.
5. Divid the dough across the 12 cups. Use your fingers to press the dough firmly and evenly into the bottom and up the sides of each cup, forming a well.
6. Bake for 10 mins, or until the crust is golden brown. while hot, using a spoon, press the cooked cookie base back into shape. Allow to cool.
6. Serve with a dollop of cashew cream filling and top with fresh fruit.