Using our Nuts About Life ingredients The Nourished Chef has come up with this recipe.
COCONUT CASHEW FILLING:
- ¾ Cup Raw Cashews (soaked overnight + drained)
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 3 Tbsp Finely Desiccated Coconut
- 1 Tbsp Powdered Monkfruit Sweetener
- ½ Cup Almond Milk
- ¾ Cup Coconut Butter (melted)
- ¼ Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 ½ tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- Sprinkled Freeze-Dried Raspberries (crushed)
1. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper. Put aside.
2. Add all the coconut cashew filling ingredients to a Vitamix or high-speed blender and blend until you reach a thick creamy consistency.
3. Scoop the cashew coconut filling into a shallow bowl and chill in the freezer for about 2 hours to thicken. During the first hour of chilling, whisk every 15 minutes to create a thick, fluffy texture.
4. Remove from the freezer. Using a cookie or ice cream scoop, scoop approximately 1 ½ Tbsp mounds of the coconut cashew filling and drop onto the prepared lined tray. You should have approximately 16 truffles. Freeze again for 20 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, for the chocolate topping; whisk together the chocolate and coconut oil in a small saucepan over low heat until smooth and glossy.
7. When ready to serve; one at a time, use a fork to lower the truffles into the chocolate and use a spoon to drizzle the chocolate over the top and evenly coat. Shake off any excess chocolate. Return to the lined tray. Sprinkle over your crushed raspberries.
8. Return the tray to the freezer and chill for 10 minutes for the chocolate to set. Enjoy!