These fluffy vegan waffles have been created using our Nuts About Life ingredients, full of Australian Almond Meal makes them low carb and keto friendly and incredibly delicious!!
Thanks to @thenourishedchef for this amazing recipe!
Low Carb │ Ketogenic │ Gluten Free │ Vegan │ Dairy Free
- 1 ¼ Cups Almond Meal
- ¾ Cup Tapioca Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ½ Cup Almond Milk
- 2 Tbsp Peanut Butter
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- ½ tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- ½ Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1. Preheat and grease a waffle iron with coconut oil spray.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the almond meal, tapioca flour, baking powder, and cinnamon.
3. Pour in the almond milk, maple flavoured syrup, vanilla extract and peanut butter. Stir to combine (The batter will be quite thick)
4. Scoop one quarter of the batter into your preheated and greased waffle iron, and cook until golden and crispy. Approximately 5-6 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, to make the chocolate sauce; place the dark chocolate chips and coconut oil into a in a small saucepan over low heat. Continue to stir until the chocolate is completely melted and glossy. Be mindful not to overcook the chocolate.
6. Drizzle the sauce over your waffles - feel free to go crazy with the toppings.
COOKING TIPS FROM @thenourishedchef:
1. Most importantly, grease your waffle iron with coconut oil to stop the waffles from sticking.