CHIA RASPBERRY JAM!
This recipe has been created by @thenourishedchef using our NUTS ABOUT LIFE INGREDIENTS!
Thickened with chia instead of loads of sugar, this is a recipe you’ll feel great about.
Low Carb │ Ketogenic │ Gluten Free │ Vegan │ Dairy Free
- 2 Cups Frozen Raspberries
- 1 Tbsp Xylitol
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 2 Tsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp White Chia Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Maple Syrup
1. Add frozen raspberries, sweetener, water and lemon juice into a small saucepan
2. Bring raspberry mixture to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer using a spoon to crush the raspberries.
3. Stir in chia seeds and simmer for about 8-10 minutes or until thickened.
4. Remove from heat and stir through maple flavoured syrup.
5. Allow to cool.
6. Store in a covered container and refrigerate.
COOKING TIPS FROM @thenourishedchef:
1. This recipe is wonderful for meal prep as you can make ahead of time and store. Smother your amazing creation on your favourite gluten free bread. It works perfectly with a good spread of your favourite nut butter.
(This jam is the perfect filling for our Valentine’s Shortbread Cookie Recipe)