Low Carb │ Vegan │ Gluten Free │ Dairy Free
- 240g Coconut Oil
- 160g Almond Meal
- 160g Tapioca Flour
- 50g Powdered Xylitol Sweetener Substitute
- 100g Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1. Preheat oven to 150°C. Line a 24cmx24cm baking tin with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, combine the coconut oil, almond meal, tapioca flour and sweetener. Using your hands, mix until you reach a wet dough.
3. Transfer the shortbread mixture to the prepared tray and spread evenly. Pat down to flatten and dock with a fork.
3. Bake for 35 minutes or until pale golden brown. Remove from the oven.
4. Whilst still hot, cut the shortbread with the top of a sharp knife into squares and place in the fridge to chill for 1 - 1.5 hours.
5. Meanwhile, place the coconut oil in a small saucepan on a low heat. Add the chocolate and continuously stir until dissolved and glossy. Be mindful not to overcook the chocolate.
6. Take the chocolate off the heat and set aside to thicken.
7. Drizzle or dunk your shortbread in the melted chocolate to decorate.
8. Place back on the tray and return to the fridge for a further 15 minutes to set.