Fancy something sweet? Try this Gluten Free, Low-Carb Maple Banana loaf that’s loaded with the crunch of our WALNUTS!
Low Carb│ Vegetarian │ Dairy Free
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil (melted)
- 2 Small Ripe Bananas (mashed)
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
- 2 Organic Eggs
- 2 Cups Almond Meal
- 1 Cup Walnuts
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a 21cm loaf tin with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, place the melted coconut oil, mashed banana, eggs, maple flavoured syrup and vanilla. Using a hand mixer, mix until well combined.
3. In a food processor, process walnuts finely to resemble a crumble.
4. Place the dry ingredients and processed walnuts to your wet mixture. Combine until you reach a thick batter. Add 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips. Stir to combine. Pour into the prepared loaf tin and sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips.
5. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
6. Remove the loaf from the oven and leave to cool completely before slicing.