This Brussel Sprout recipe is one of our all time favourites and makes an excellent side dish to accompany the New Years feast!
With the crunch of our toasted pinenuts and the smooth taste of buttery sprouts you can’t go wrong!
Low Carb │ Gluten Free │ Ketogenic
450g Brussels Sprouts (trimmed and halved)
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 tsp Sea Salt
1/2 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
1/4 Cup Pinenuts
1/4 Cup Freshly Grated Parmesan
Sprinkled Flaky Sea Salt
1. Heat some oil in a large cast iron skillet then add your Brussels Sprouts face down.
2. Cook undisturbed for approximately 5-8 minutes until they develop a dark, caramelised sear.
3. Add salt and pepper. Stir. Continue to cook and stir until the Brussels Sprouts are a deep dark golden brown, approximately 6-8 minutes.
4. Remove from the heat, stir in the vinegar and pinenuts.
5. Let the residual heat of the skillet toast the pinenuts, stirring them very often so that they toast evenly on all sides and do not burn.
6. Finish the sprouts off with a handful of Parmesan cheese.