It’s only Tuesday and we’ve already turned up the heat with these super crispy nuggets, can you believe they are 100% Plant Based?!
Using our NUTS ABOUT LIFE ingredients @thenourishedchef has created this super tasty recipe, so get cookin’ and get dippin’!
- 1 Whole Cauliflower (cut into small florets)
- 1 Cup Almond Meal
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- ½ Cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 2 tsp Chilli Ground Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 2 tsp Ground Turmeric
- 3 Cups Canned Coconut Milk
- 1 Cup Tapioca Flour
- Salt + Pepper (to taste)
- Coconut Spray Oil (for cooking)
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line two large baking trays with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Add the coconut flakes to a food processor. Process until you reach a texture similar to panko bread crumbs. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
3. Add in the almond meal, chilli powder, garlic powder, paprika, ground spices and shredded coconut.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together the coconut milk and tapioca flour to make a thick batter. Ensure there are no lumps.
5. Dip a cauliflower floret briefly in the coconut milk batter and coat evenly (shaking off excess) then toss it through the coconut almond meal mixture. Transfer to the prepared tray and repeat with the rest of the florets.
6. When all the florets are ready, give them a gentle spray with the coconut oil.
7. Bake for 25–35 minutes, turning halfway and re-spraying with oil until golden brown and crisp.
8. Remove from the oven and season with salt & pepper.
9. Serve alongside your favourite vegan sriracha mayo.