Ever wanted to sneak in some extra vegetables and disguise them with the flavour of chocolate?....YES PLEASE!!
These healthy zucchini chocolate muffins are the prefect meal prep snack that not only taste great but are full of delicious goodness that your body will thank you for! Using our NUTS ABOUT LIFE ingredients @_thedailyfoodfeed has created this killer recipe!
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup peanut butter (smooth)
- 3/4 cup organic coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup organic cacao powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 180•C and grease a muffin tin with coconut oil and set aside.
2. Shred the zucchini and firmly squeeze any excess water out of the zucchini with your hands.
3. Combine the zucchini with the peanut butter, coconut sugar, cacao powder, eggs, baking soda, salt and vanilla extract. Stir well until a thick batter forms.
4. Fold in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
5. Divide the batter evenly in your muffing tray and top with a walnut to decorate.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the muffins have risen and feel firm to the touch.
7. Cool for 10 minutes before removing the muffins from the tin.